|Back to Visas and Citizenship||English I 中文|
Back to Visas and Citizenship
English I 中文
Australia has negotiated a Work and Holiday Arrangement with China. This arrangement allows up to 5,000 young Chinese people with tertiary education and English skills to experience a working holiday in Australia every year.
The Work and Holiday visa provides a unique, once in a lifetime opportunity for Chinese participants. It is also an opportunity for cultural exchange and building closer cultural ties between China and Australia.
People’s Republic of China (PRC) passport holders are required to submit an expression of interest (EOI) for a first Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa. The EOI process for the current program year 2022-23 has already closed. We will announce on this website when the next EOI commences.
If your EOI is selected the Department of Home Affairs will send you an invitation to apply online for the first Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa. You can only apply for your first Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa if you receive an invitation, and you must apply online. Paper applications will no longer be used.
We are pleased to announce that the Department of Home Affairs has commenced sending invitation letters to a number of those who submitted an Expression of Interest (EOI) for a Work and Holiday visa for this program year.
Please note the following important information:
- The EOI selection is a random process and is not based on any criteria.
- We will send the invitation letters via email in tranches over the course of the current program year. Once we stop sending invitations to apply, we will update this website.
- If you submitted an EOI, your EOI will remain in the selection pool until 30 June 2023.
- If your EOI is not randomly selected, we will NOT notify you of this. Please do not make an enquiry to the Department if you do not receive an invitation letter.
- If you receive an invitation to apply, we recommend that you apply as soon as you are ready to do so.
- If you are invited to apply online, you must meet all eligibility requirements to apply and be granted this visa.
- The invitation letter does not guarantee that you will be granted a visa.
- The invitation letter will list the documents and evidence you need to provide when you submit your application.
We will post new information regarding the Work and Holiday visa through social medial channels, so follow us onSina Weibo, WeChat (Australia Embassy and Consulates/澳大利亚驻华使领馆) andLinkedIn.
For updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, see Entering and leaving Australia.
The following Frequently Asked Questions provide further details about the Work and Holiday Arrangement with China.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Have China and Australia negotiated a Work and Holiday visa arrangement?
- How do I submit an EOI for a first Work and Holiday visa?
- When can I submit an EOI for a first Work and Holiday visa?
- What happens after I submit an EOI?
- How long is my EOI valid for?
- If my EOI is selected, how long do I have to make an application?
- How many EOIs can I submit?
- How many Chinese young people can be granted a Work and Holiday visa?
- When will the Department start sending invitations to apply?
- What can a Work and Holiday visa holder do in Australia?
- What are the visa's eligibility requirements?
- Is there an age limit to apply for a Work and Holiday visa?
- What will I need to provide in my application?
- How much will the visa cost?
- How do I lodge my application?
- Will the annual limit of 5000 places be increased?
- How many times can I apply for a Work and Holiday visa?
- I held a Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa, but was unable to travel due to COVID-19.
- Where can I find more information on Australia’s Work and Holiday visa?
- Is an IELTS result the only measurement of English language ability that I can submit to support my application?
- Will I have to attend an interview as part of my application for a Work and Holiday visa?
- What are my rights in Australia? What sort of protection am I offered in Australian work places?
- I have multiple degrees or qualifications. Should I only provide my highest qualification?
- Formal language testing only occurs at certain times during the year. When do I have to provide evidence of my ‘functional English’ ability?
- When will I have to pay my application fee?
- What is the standard processing time for a Work and Holiday visa?
- How long will my first Work and Holiday visa be valid for?
- What are the health requirements?
- When should I complete the health examinations?
- What if I have already completed a health examination recently?
- If I complete my health examination but my visa is not approved will the cost of my health examination be refunded?
1. Have China and Australia negotiated a Work and Holiday visa arrangement?
Yes. China and Australia agreed to establish a Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa arrangement, which commenced in 2015.
2. How do I submit an expression of interest (EOI) for a first Work and Holiday visa?
The EOI process for the current program year 2022-23 is now closed. We will announce on this website when the EOI for the next program year commences, and provide access to the EOI web form at that time.
3. When can I submit an EOI for a first Work and Holiday visa?
The EOI process for the current program year is now closed. We will announce on this website when the next EOI commences.
4. What happens after I submit an EOI?
If you submitted an EOI and your EOI is selected, you will receive an invitation to apply for a first Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa. If your EOI is not selected, you will NOT be notified.
The EOI selection is a random process, and is not based on any criteria.
5. How long is my EOI valid for?
Your EOI will remain in the selection pool until 30 June 2023.
If your EOI is selected, you can only use it once to apply for a first Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa within the timeframe provided in the invitation email.
6. If my EOI is selected and I receive an invitation to apply, how long do I have to lodge an application?
If you receive an invitation to apply for a first Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa, you must apply after we invite you and before the end of the current program year, that is, before 30 June 2023.
We recommend that you apply as soon as you can after you receive your invitation to apply. This will give you time to resolve any issues that may prevent you from lodging a valid and complete application before the end of the program year.
If you do not lodge an application by 30 June 2023, the invitation will expire and you will not be able to lodge an application for the 2022-23 program year.
If you want to submit an EOI for the next program year, you will have to wait until the EOI process for the next program year commences.
7. How many EOIs can I submit?
Only one EOI per person will be accepted. Do not submit multiple EOIs.
If you submitted an EOI for this program year, your EOI will remain in the selection pool until June 2023.
8. How many Chinese young people can be granted a Work and Holiday visa?
There is an annual limit of 5,000 places for Chinese participants.
This annual limit has temporarily increased to 6,500 places for the currently program year 2022-23. Once this number is reached, no further visa applications will be accepted by Australia until the following program year.
9. When will the Department start sending invitations to apply?
We have commenced sending invitations via email to those who submitted an EOI for a Work and Holiday visa for this program year.
The invitation to apply is a random process that will occur in tranches over the course of the current program year until all places for this program year have been filled.
If your EOI is not selected, you will not be notified, and we will not respond to queries about whether you will be invited to apply.
Once we stop sending invitations to apply for this program year, we will update this website.
10. What can a Work and Holiday visa holder do in Australia?
The Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa will allow participants to engage in cultural exchange and tourism. In addition, the visa allows the holder to:
- stay in Australia for 12 months from their date of first arrival,
- work for the 12 month duration of their stay,
- work for longer than six months with any one employer until 31 December 2022, and
- study for up to four months.
11. What are the visa's eligibility requirements?
General eligibility requirements for Chinese Work and Holiday visa applicants are:
- hold a valid Chinese passport;
- be at least 18 but have not turned 31 years of age at the time an application is lodged;
- will not be with a dependent child while in Australia;
- have enough money for support while on a working holiday (about AUD $5,000);
- have enough money to buy a return or onward travel ticket at the end of their stay in Australia;
- have not previously entered Australia on a Working Holiday visa (subclass 417);
- hold tertiary qualifications, or have successfully completed at least two years of undergraduate university study;
- have functional English (equivalent to IELTS 4.5 or higher);
- meet character and health requirements; and
- be a genuine visitor.
Further information can be found on the Department of Home Affairs website at:Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa.
12. Is there an age limit to apply for a Work and Holiday visa?
Yes. Chinese Work and Holiday visa applicants must be at least 18 but have not turned 31 years of age at the time of lodging the application.
You can lodge your WHM visa application up to and including the day before your 31st birthday, Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
Please note that:
- The cut off is midnight AEST time on the day before your 31st birthday;
- if you have already turned 31 years old before you submit your online application, you will not be able to apply; and
- if you submit your online application while you are 30, but turn 31 before we have made a decision, you will remain eligible for visa grant.
We recommend that if you are 30 years old when you receive your invitation to apply, you submit your application as soon as possible.
13. What will I need to provide in my application?
The invitation letter will list the documents and evidence you need to provide when you submit your application.
Further details about what is required of applicants can be found on the Department of Home Affairs website at:Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa.
Please note that some applicants may be requested to provide additional information after lodgement.
For updates, follow us onSina Weibo, WeChat (Australia Embassy and Consulates/澳大利亚驻华使领馆) andLinkedIn.
14. How much will the visa cost?
Please refer to our website for current Visa Application Charges available at:http://china.embassy.gov.au/bjng/DIACtemp.html
15. How do I lodge my application?
If you are invited to apply for a first Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa, you must lodge your application online.
You must only submit an EOI if you are applying for a first Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa. Eligible applicants do not need to submit an EOI to make a nil VAC WHM application, or a second or third Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa application.
Paper applications will no longer be used.
16. Will the annual limit of 5000 places be increased for next program year?
The 5,000 annual limit for China has been increased to 6,500 places for the current 2022-23 program year.
The quota for future program years is a matter for the Australian and Chinese governments to consider.
17. How many times can I apply for a Work and Holiday visa?
If you are invited to apply for a first Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa, you can only apply for this visa once. If you are granted a first Work and Holiday (subclass 462), you may be eligible to apply for and be granted a second and third Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa if you meet the relevant eligibility criteria.
For more information on first, second and third Work and Holiday visas please seeWork and Holiday (subclass 462) visa.
18. I held a Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa, but was unable to travel due to COVID-19
If you are outside of Australia and held a first Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa, but were unable to use it due to COVID-19, you may be eligible to apply for an offshore nil VAC Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa. In this instance you are not required to submit an EOI as you have been granted a Work and Holiday visa previously.
Please seeLatest Newson the Department of Home Affairs website for further information about applying for an offshore nil VAC Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa.
19. Where can I find more information on Australia’s Work and Holiday visa?
Further general information can be found on the website of the Department of Home Affairs at:Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa.
20. Is an IELTS result the only measurement of English language ability that I can submit to support my application?
Please seeWork and Holiday (subclass 462) visa eligibility.
For more information please see the following Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on the Department of Home Affairs website at:‘How can I prove that I have functional English?’
21. Will I have to attend an interview as part of my application for a Work and Holiday visa?
No. You will not have to attend a face-to-face interview to support your application for a Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa. However, you may be contacted by a visa officer and asked to supply further evidence in support of your application.
22. What are my rights in Australia? What sort of protection am I offered in Australian work places?
All workers in Australia, including Work and Holiday visa holders, are covered by the same workplace laws regarding their pay and conditions. The Fair Work Ombudsman has responsibility for ensuring compliance with Australia’s workplace laws. More information is available at:Simplified Chinese - 简体中文 - Fair Work Ombudsman
23. I have multiple degrees or qualifications. Should I only provide my highest qualification?
To be eligible to apply for a Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa, you must have completed a minimum of two years of university education. You should provide notarised copies of each of your qualifications and academic transcripts with your application.
24. Formal language testing only occurs at certain times during the year. When do I have to provide evidence of my 'functional English'ability?
Evidence of your English language ability must be submitted at the time you submit your visa application, along with your other supporting documentation. It is important that you complete your chosen language test ahead of time. To find out more about English language requirements please refer to the‘How do I prove I have functional English’ FAQon the official website of the Department of Home Affairs.
25. When will I have to pay my application fee?
If you have been invited to lodge to apply for a first Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa application you will have to pay your visa application charge (VAC) when you submit your visa application online.
You do not have to pay a fee to submit an EOI.
26. What is the standard processing time for a Work and Holiday visa?
Please refer to the Department of Home Affairs website forglobal visa processing times. While most applications are processed within this timeframe, processing may take longer according to your individual circumstances, including if your application is incomplete, or if you are requested to provide further information.
27. For how long will my first Work and Holiday visa be in effect?
If you are granted a first Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa it will be in effect for one year from the date you arrive in Australia.
28. What are the health requirements?
In order to be granted a Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa, you must meet the health requirements.
Note: My Health Declarations service has been suspended. The Health Requirement, including the health examinations for your intended visa, will be determined once your visa application has been lodged. For more information, visitwhat health examinations you need.
For details of the panel physicians in China, see thispage.
29. When should I complete the health examinations?
If you have been invited to lodge an application for a first Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa, please seewhen to have health examinations.
You should not complete your health examinations if you have not been invited to lodge an application for a first Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa, as health examination results are generally only valid for a maximum of 12 months.
30. What if I have already completed a health examination recently?
If you have completed a health examination for an Australian visa application in the last 6-12 months and you have been invited to lodge an application for a first Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa, please wait to be contacted by the visa processing officer for advice about whether further health examinations are required.
31. If I complete my health examination but my visa is not approved will the cost of my health examination be refunded?
No. The cost of the health examination cannot be refunded if your visa application is not granted. Health examinations are valid for 12 months and can be used with other visa applications.
Back to Visas and Citizenship
page last updated 28 September2022
How do I contact the Australian Embassy? ›
1300 555 135 (within Australia) +61 2 6261 3305 (from overseas)Can I get tourist visa for Australia now? ›
Does an Indian national need to obtain an Australian Tourist Visa? People from India need to apply for a visitor visa to explore Australia as a tourist. The visa is also known as Subclass 600, which grants entry to Australia for a shorter stay.Do I need a visa for New York from Australia? ›
The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables nationals of certain countries, including Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom, to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa, if certain requirements are met.How many Australian embassy are there? ›
The Australian Government has seven diplomatic missions in the United States – the embassy in Washington DC and consulates in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Honolulu, New York, Chicago and Houston.How long Australia visa takes? ›
|Visa Program||Visa Category||In Australia|
|Permanent||Skilled (Permanent) Partner (First Stage)||5 Months 9 Months|
|Temporary||Skilled (Temporary) Student Visitor Working Holiday Maker||3 Months 5 Months 4 Months 45 Days|
Australia Visa: Apply for Australia Tourist Visa @ Rs. 9,999 for Indian Tourists | Akbar Travels.How can I get Australian visa fast? ›
- Australia Tourist Visa is one of three short-term visas that you can get to travel to this country. ...
- Step 1: Download the application form online. ...
- Step 2: Correctly fill the application form. ...
- Step 3: Wait for an email from the authorities.
These financial requirements for Visitor Visa Australia generally include bank statements for the past 3 months with a closing balance of at least $ 5,000 AUD per applicant, payslips, audited accounts, taxation records, or credit card limits.Is Australia accepting visa applications? ›
From 6 April 2022, all ETA-eligible passport holders can now apply for an ETA using the Australian ETA app. For more information, see our Step by step guide. If you are unable to use the app, you can apply online through ImmiAccount for another visa that suits your needs.What are the 4 types of visa? ›
Which type of visa do you need? Probably one of the four main types: tourist, immigration, student, or work.
Which countries do not need visa for Australia? ›
This includes Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia and Cyprus.Can Americans enter Australia without a visa? ›
All non-Australian citizens traveling to Australia require a visa or visas waiver issued by the Australian Government. For information on immigration requirements for Australia, please refer to the information on the Australian Department of Home Affairs website.Where is the biggest embassy in the world? ›
The Embassy of the United States of America in Baghdad is the diplomatic mission of the United States of America in the Republic of Iraq. Ambassador Alina Romanowski is currently the Chief of Mission. At 104 acres (42 ha), it is the largest embassy in the world; it is nearly as large as Vatican City.Which visa is best for Australia? ›
Australia recently introduced their new '491 visa' or Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) subclass 491 visa. This visa could be one of the easiest immigration options available to qualifying applicants.Which embassy is biggest? ›
In 2004 the United States resumed diplomatic relations with the Iraqi Interim Government and established a new Embassy in Baghdad's fortified Green Zone. This new Embassy is the largest embassy in the world. The United States remains dedicated to building a strategic partnership with Iraq and the Iraqi people.Does Australia give visa easily? ›
Yes, it is easy to get an Australian tourist visa. But you have to meet the necessary requirements. What is the validity of the Australia tourist visa? The validity of the Australia tourist visa is one year (maximum).Is Australia visa difficult to get? ›
It will not be difficult to get a tourist visa to Australia, provided you meet the following conditions: Provide complete and accurate documents. You have no criminal cases pending against you. You have enough finances to meet your expenses in Australia.How do I know if my Australian visa is approved? ›
See my visa conditions on VEVO
- Access VEVO. ...
- Get your number. ...
- Select 'Check your own visa details with VEVO' ...
- Select the type of travel document. ...
- Use your number.
You should have copies of your bank account showing you have adequate funds to support yourself (usually the equivalent of AUD $5000), as well as a return air ticket or extra funds to be able to pay for your journey home.How much is a 5 year visa to Australia? ›
This fee is $1,050 per applicant at time of application. For a three year visa, $5,090 per applicant prior to visa decision. For a five year visa, $10,180 prior to visa decision.
Which is the fastest visa to get? ›
The US student visa (F-1 visa) is one of the fastest visas to process. In fact, the study permit is often processed directly before your embassy interview. The interview is the last step of the application process.Why Australian visa take so long? ›
Due to a high volume of applications, several countries including the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia are delaying visas – majorly affecting students and tourists.Does Australian Embassy verify bank statements? ›
The Australian and Canadian Embassies require only the bank statement. The Chinese, Korean, and most Schengen embassies ask for BOTH certificate AND statement.Can Australian tourist visa be rejected? ›
You are most likely to face Australian Tourist Visa Rejection if you come from a high-risk country and are applying for the wrong visa. The immigration will assess your visa application by your country of origin. If you are coming from a high-risk country, there is a high chance that your application will be rejected.What documents are required for Australian visitor visa? ›
- proof you have enough money for your stay and to leave Australia, such as, Itemised personal bank statements showing a 3 months period. pay slips. ...
- a letter from your relative or friend in Australia, inviting you to visit. The letter could state: ...
- your plans while in Australia.
There are more than 100 different types of Australian visa - which one is best for you will depend on your circumstances. If you work as a professional, manager or tradesperson, you may be eligible for Skilled Migration to Australia.What type of visa is most common? ›
US Visitor Visa (Business Visa USA and US Tourist Visa)
|Visa||Purpose of stay|
|B-1 Visa (Business Visitor)||For business travelers who stay in the U.S. for up to 180 days|
|B-2 Visa (Tourist)||For tourists who want to stay in the U.S. for up to 180 days|
B-1 visas are for those participating in business activities of a commercial or professional nature in the United States. The renewals are flexible, and B-1 visa holders can fly in and out of the US as many times as they want.How strong is Australian passport? ›
The Australian passport currently ranks on the 9th place according to the Guide Passport Ranking Index. It provides visa-free access to 185 countries. With a high mobility score it is one of the most desirable passports in the world.Which country needs no visa? ›
|Saint Kitts and Nevis||Grenada (for up to 90 days)|
|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (for up to 30 days)||Montserrat (for up to 180 days)|
|Turks and Caicos (for up to 90 days)||El Salvador|
Do Australian need visa for Canada? ›
Visas. Australian passport holders must apply for an electronic travel authorisation (eTA) before travelling to Canada by air. If you arrive by car, bus, train, or boat, you don't need an ETA or a visitor visa, but you do need to bring the correct travel documents.How long can a US citizen stay in Australia without a visa? ›
Most U.S. passport holders traveling to Australia for tourism or business purposes for less than 90 days can obtain an (ETA). The ETA is an electronic label-free visa and can be obtained at the ETA website for a small service fee.Does Australia allow dual citizenship? ›
Many Australians hold two or more nationalities. As well as holding Australian citizenship, they are citizens (or 'nationals') of another country. If you are a dual national travelling to the country of your other nationality, you need to know how your citizenship can impact you.How long can I stay in Australia on a tourist visa? ›
Stay up to 3 months each time you enter. Visa processing times are based on the age of applications finalised in a given period.Which country has best embassy? ›
|Rank||Country||Embassies/ High Commissions|
Origins. The Embassy of Spain to the Holy See is the oldest embassy in the world. It was created in 1480 by King Ferdinand the Catholic, its first being ambassador Gonzalo de Beteta, knight of the Order of Santiago.Which country has an embassy in every country? ›
The U.S. has embassies in all countries it recognizes apart from Afghanistan, Bhutan, Iran, Maldives, Syria and Yemen. It has 'interests sections' in other nation's embassies in Afghanistan, Iran, and Syria. It also has a de facto embassy in Taiwan.What are the new visa rules for Australia? ›
Changes in Temporary Skill Shortage Visas.
|Stream||Qualification||Length of stay|
|Post-Study Work||Doctoral Degree||4 years|
Visitors hoping for an extended stay in Australia (longer than 6 months), who are travelling for the purpose of tourism, are able to apply for a visa that will allow for a stay of up to 12 month with a Australian holiday visa.Is Canada or Australia visa easier? ›
Top 10 Differences in Canada Vs. Australia Immigration 2022.
|Ideal Family Settings||Organized Immigration Procedure|
|Lower Interest Rate||PR Score is Lower Than Canada|
|Easy PR System||Higher Salary for Skilled Workers|
Who owns the land of an embassy? ›
No, while embassies and consulates are protected by international law and have a variety of immunities and special governing rules, the land they are built on doesn't belong to the country that operates them.
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
The chief of a diplomatic mission; the ranking official diplomatic representative of his country to the country to which he is accredited, and the personal representative of his own head of state to the head of state of the host country.
United States itself in total counts near 163 Embassies and 93 Consulates spread all over the world.How do I contact an Australian Embassy by email? ›
- General Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visas and Migration email form.
- Consular Services: email@example.com.
- Study in Australia: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting Help in an Emergency
What can you do to get help in an emergency? Contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate, or call these numbers in the United States: From the U.S. & Canada - 1-888-407-4747. From Overseas - +1 202-501-4444.
When do I need to contact my embassy or consulate? The most common reason you would need to contact your embassy or consulate is if you lose or damage your passport.How do I contact Australian immigration by email? ›
For queries related to ImmiAccount and online lodgement issues, you can submit an online technical support form. For queries related to elodged Resident Return visas: email@example.com.How do I write a letter to the Australian embassy? ›
- Complete name.
- Date of birth.
- Address and telephone number in Australia.
- Occupation (job or profession) in Australia.
- Your status in Australia (Permanent resident, Citizen, 457 Visa holder, Student).
To address a letter to an embassy, start by putting the date in the top left-hand corner of the page. Then, below the date, include the formal title and name of the person you're addressing at the embassy, followed by the embassy's full address.How do I follow up an Australian visa application? ›
You can find visa information by visiting the Department of Home Affairs website or the Embassy / Consulate / High Commission website for the country you are in. If you already hold a visa you can check your visa status and entitlements using Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO).
Can you just walk into an embassy? ›
No, you can not. Even as a US citizen you are required to make an appointment to visit the consulate for non-emergency services.How do I ask for an embassy help? ›
If you are overseas and in need of emergency assistance contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. If you are concerned about a loved one overseas, please call: From the U.S. & Canada - 1-888-407-4747. From Overseas - +1 202-501-4444.How can embassy help you? ›
While the Consular officers provide immediate and personal assistance to American citizens every day around the world — replacing lost passports, assisting injured or ill travelers, and assisting with marriages, births, and adoptions, other sections of the embassy provide more specialized assistance.How long does embassy take to process? ›
If a visa application is approved during a visa interview, the average processing time is 5 working days. At least a further 2-3 workdays should be allowed for delivery.How long does an appointment at the embassy take? ›
You can expect to be at the Embassy or Consulate for approximately two to three hours. The interview with a consular officer is the last step in a two-step process and typically lasts just a few minutes. Prior to the interview staff will collect, data-enter and review your application.How long does an embassy visa take? ›
Upon receipt of the Visa Application through Indian Visa Application Center or directly, the Indian Mission/ Post requires a minimum of three working days to process the case and issue a visa depending upon the nationality and excluding special cases.How can I talk to an immigration officer? ›
Our toll free number is 800-375-5283 (TTY 800-767-1833) and our hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm Eastern.How can I speed up my Australian visa? ›
You may be able to request priority processing for some types of visas if you can demonstrate compelling and compassionate circumstances. Priority processing can be requested by: Calling the Home Affairs' Service Centre on 131 881, or • Contacting the relevant processing offices.Can I email immigration officer? ›
Is email the preferred way to communicate with immigration officers? As it is the fastest and most convenient way to communicate, immigration officers will use email to contact you (or the applicant) in most cases.